- Syntactic build. This design talks of new components having specifying the new specialized demonstration sentence structure from RIF logic languages by focusing the demonstration sentence structure of design. The fresh new demonstration sentence structure is utilized inside RIF so you can explain this new semantics of one’s dialects and also to illustrate an element of the suggestions which have instances. So it syntax isn’t supposed to be a concrete syntax to possess new dialects; it simply leaves away info for instance the delimiters of the numerous syntactic components, parenthesizing, precedence of operators, and so on. Since the RIF try a keen interchange structure, they uses XML as its simply tangible sentence structure.
- Semantic construction. The fresh new semantic structure describes the newest systems which might be employed for indicating the fresh new different types of RIF logic languages.
- XML serialization build. That it construction defines all round beliefs one reasoning languages are to include in specifying its concrete XML-founded syntaxes. For each and every dialect, its real XML sentence structure are a by-product of one’s dialect’s speech syntax. It could be named a serialization of these sentence structure.
- Constants and you may details. This type of words all are to many logic languages.
- Positional words. These types of words can be utilized in basic-purchase reason. RIF-FLD describes positional terms inside the a somewhat alot more standard ways inside the acquisition allow dialects which have large-buy sentence structure, such as for example HiLog [CKW93] and Relfun [RF99].
- Terms having called arguments. These are such positional terminology except that for each disagreement from a good title is called plus the buy of your arguments is actually immaterial. Words that have entitled arguments generalize the thought of rows into the relational dining tables, where line titles match disagreement names.
- Listing. This type of words match lists within the logic programming, and tend to be included in the essential Logic Dialect. Restricted types of these words are utilized about Center Dialect in addition to Creation Rules Dialect.
- Structures. A-frame term is short for an assertion about an item and its own features. Such terms and conditions match particles out-of F-logic [KLW95]. You will find syntactic similarity ranging from words which have entitled objections and structures, as characteristics (or properties) off an item end up like named objections. However, the new semantics of those terminology will vary (see Area Semantic Formations).
- Group. This type of terminology are used to explain this new subclass and you will class registration matchmaking. There have been two types of classification terms: registration terminology and you may subclass conditions. For example frames, this type of words were lent out-of F-reason [KLW95].
- Equivalence. This type of words are accustomed to associate other terms.
pred:numeric-equal or pred:boolean-equivalent). Those predicates have fixed interpretations, which coincide with the interpretation of the equality terms defined in this document when the latter are evaluated over data types. General use of equality terms is supported in systems such as FLORA-2 [FL2], and special cases are also allowed in Relfun [RF99].
Terms are then used to define several types of RIF-FLD formulas. RIF dialects can choose to permit all or some of the aforesaid categories of terms. In addition, RIF-FLD introduces extension points, one of which allows the introduction of new kinds of terms. An extension point is a keyword that is not a syntactic construct per se, but a placeholder that is supposed to be replaced by specific syntactic constructs of an appropriate kind. RIF-FLD defines several types of extension points: symbols (NEWSYMBOL), connectives (), quantifiers (NEWQUANTIFIER), aggregate functions (NEWAGGRFUNC), and terms (NEWTERM).
But not, away from analysis brands, the translation of the equivalence terms and conditions may vary that’s determined by contents of RIF files
Icon spaces partition the newest selection of non-logical icons that correspond to private constants, predicates, and procedures, and every partition is then given its semantics. An icon area features a keen identifier and you may an excellent lexical place, which defines the fresh new “shape” of one’s icons for the reason that symbol area. Certain icon spaces in the RIF are widely used to identify Internet entities and their lexical room consists of strings one to syntactically appear to be internationalized funding identifiers [RFC-3987], ashley madison log in or Iris (elizabeth.grams., Other icon room are accustomed to depict the datatypes required by RIF (including,